Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Aloha from Hawaii!
It is Christmas eve, and almost 9 o'clock here, so I'm heading to the beach very soon. I think today is the day that Santa comes to Waikiki beach on a catamaran so yeah, I'm pretty excited.
We had THE SLOPPIEST air port trip EVER.
My sister had a pre game for the Dylan "Scarf it Up" social, which I agreed to clean up after, and then cleaned up the house and packed, so I'd be ready to ditch first thing in the morning. After making a brief appearance at the Albert and making a McDonalds run, Emma, Andrew, Derek and I head back to my crib to sleep and do a few chores like emptying the fridge. At 5 am I wake up Maria (who beat me home and was home some mystery time before 2) and she is naked, unpacked and HAMMERED. She somehow lost a pair of heels that we share the night before. After trying to get her shit together in a few minutes while making the crew do some last minute things (take out the garbage etc) we head to the airport-both Maria and Andrew still hammered. Andrew gives Maria a piggy back from the car. They sit at a bench while Derek, Emma and I check the luggage. Andrew waits with Maria while she throws up in a garbage can. We say goodbyes to the best BFFs a girl could ask for, and then I drag Maria through security. She has a textbook on her, which she blames me for, and also a bottle of water and tanning lotion, things that you obviously aren't supposed to have. She passes out while waiting for the plane, and essentially is asleep or bitching about being nauseous for the rest of our trip, but by some miracle didn't throw up on the plane, although she was reaching for the barf bags more than once.



Alright, so, Christmas Eve---my favourite holiday.
I looooove the Santa story so much more than the Jesus story and I love the anticipation of the next day and I think all of my favourite memories as a kid in regards to Christmas are waiting for Santa and trying to catch Santa etc.
So if you're like me, you'll be all stoked on tracking Santa via Norad Santa. He's in Samara, Russia right now, but the most recent video evidence is of him in India:


Also, for your time, check this Yule Log widget:

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Merry Christmas Katina!! Is Hawaii nice? I like your story, sounds nutty.

Meghan and Lana said...

can i hang with your sister ?

hope you are having fun in the sun, girl. mad jealous over here.

m

Andrew said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!