Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Gettin' Sprung

It is spring people.  WINTER IS OVER.
I'm so excited ditch ma boots and wear flats again!  Soon....Soon...
I walked a couple of blocks on my way home trying to find a bus stop with a fucking bench (apparently there are none along Taylor...) and I really noticed how warm it is outside.  Just one more essay before I'm DONE UNTIL SEPTEMBER!  Of course that doesn't include the three essays I will have to write in exams, but WHATEVER.  Don't bring that up, please.
Emma and I both agree that this weather makes us think of being in London for some weird reason.  Here is a picture of what we looked like in London for reference:
We are pictured with some girl who's name I can't remember, but I vaguely recall she was awful.
One of the the highlights of our trip (for me at least) was seeing Bloc Party, and Emma and I are TOO STOKED to see them again!  I think the only other musical act I've seen twice is Kanye.
Unfortunately, I've looked over the set lists of their recent Canadian dates and they are skipping over some of my favourites and playing other songs that aren't quite as awesome.  Apparently, they're not playing "Biko", "I Still Remember", "Kreuzberg" or "Pioneers" ever, and "Sunday" and "Flux" sporadically in encores.  COME ON I NEED TO SING ALONG TO THESE SONGS LIVE.  "Pioneers" was the BEST when they played it in LDN.
So who's going and what songs do you need to see?

6 comments:

Natalie said...

They played Pioneers on Tuesday...

Emma said...

WHY ARE YOU TORMENTING ME WITH THIS SHIT

FUCK KATINA.

Katina said...

Not according to the set list, they didn't....
It's the one that ends with "We will not be the last we will not be the last"

Natalie said...

whoopsie, I got that confused with Positive Tension. I KNOW THEY AREN'T NEARLY THE SAME SONG OKOKOKOKOK.

Katina said...

Jeez I haven't gotten this much second hand embarrassment since: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZmCOdn30U

Kylie said...

I'm going, and really I'll be happy with any songs... I mean, ITS BLOC PARTY!

Although I would greatly appreciate it if they would do hunting for witches or flux for sure. Any remixes would also be welcome
:)

<3<3<3