Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ugh writing TWO Essays

I'm writing two essays right now (not simultaneously, duh).
I've been working on them straight all day, but including breaks such as these where I waste time on my computer, painfully setting my essay writing back half an hour, and for no good reason.
Ironically enough, these papers are for the same two classes I have in-class exams in on Tuesday, so they are the two classes that will be the death of me.
One, History of the World since 1500, is my favourite class.
The other, Critical Cultural Anthropology, is my least favourite.
So, as I'm sure you can guess, Anthro is taking the back road in this situtation.
Anywhom, to help me get to work, I have an 'Essay Writing Mix' on my computer I've been using during this term.
And, no, it doesn't include 'Oxford Comma' by Vampire Weekend, 'Wrapped up in Books' by Belle and Sebastian or 'The Boy From School' by Hot Chip.
Indeed, it is all instrumental. Swing, classical, the soundtracks to Joe Wright movies and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to help stiumlate the mind.
Either way, it's certainly equally as enjoyable but far less distracting as songs that you dance in your chair to while muttering the words and trying desperatley to concentrate on not losing your train of thought while writing about...er...oh no, I've forgotten. Thanks focus-breaking break.
So, here is on the song that gets me writing the most.

Briony-Dario Marianelli

If you've seen Atonement, it's the song that IS the creepy essence of Briony, of the Academy Award winning soundtrack.The sounds of the type-writer just get me going, like "I should be matching the pace of the type writer on this song."
It actually works. This song fucking whips me into shape.
Also, the creepiness of Child-Briony also sort of eggs me on.